Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Another Fall card--a swap gone bad!

This card was for a swap that I thought I was in but I miss read the details so after I hurried up and got my card done-last minute (cuz I forgot I signed up) and rushed to the post office I found out I was not part of the swap after all--go figure! But the good news is that I have a gift set to give to a friend of mine who loves this set!



It is always such a nice change of pace to use fall colors.  I love the relaxing feel of this card.

Stamps: Gently Falling, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Soft Suede, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Comfort Cafe DP
Ink: Soft Suede, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Other: crochet ribbon, brad, bitty banners die, sponges, scallop border punch, tulip border embossing folder, markers

My son goes back to school tomorrow and I have a few last minute touches to put on some staff gifts.  See ya soon!
Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Mary said...

I had to laugh at your blog, I've been there done that too and you are right, now you have a beautiful gift for a very lucky friend Your card is beautiful!

Kris said...

I love your card, the colors and the layout are great.

Jonia said...

I love this card. Beautiful!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your card is beautiful - I love the colors you used and how you popped the leaves with the shadowing and bow! Sorry you missed the swap, but I think that your friend is very lucky to receive the cards!!! TFS.

Unknown said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card. The swappers missed out! Great job and thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

This is an awesome card Mary Jo.. I love it and the colors are fabulous!!