Friday, January 7, 2011

Blogger's Challenge -- Color-green, yellow and brown

You can win one of my new tutorials for free by just leaving a comment on THIS POST by Sunday Night.  You can view both tutorials that are available now on my side bar.  
More coming soon.  And all for only $2 each! 

I am finally able to play along with the Blogger's Challenge.  I have been missing quite a few lately but I have added it to my goals to be consistent again!  I love doing them but my schedule changed and I forget to do it early in the week so I am ready on time.  Be sure to check what the other players are doing by clicking HERE.  

This week Lisa gave us a color challenge.  Green, Yellow and Brown.  Ohhh, love this.  I chose to use Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz and Chocolate Chip.  I also combined it with the MoJo sketch challenge.  Another one I don't often get to play since it is on the same day as my sketch challenge and the LNS challenge that I do.  Here is the sketch


I decided to go with a simple sympathy card.  Nothing too fancy just  pretty and to the point.  



I used the new sympathy set from the current mini Thanks for Caring.  Such a nice stamp set. 


Stamps: Thanks for Caring
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and In color DP paper pack
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Stampin Write Markers, brads, nestabilities

Hope you have a great day!
Mary Jo

20 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Sympathy card, great use of the MoJo sketch and this weeks colors!

Marisa said...

Love your colour combo and use of this week's Mojo sketch. Now just lingering so I can hear the end of the Healing Rain song that's playing :)

Marsha Fisher said...

Beautiful card...I love that you stamped the butterfly with your sentiment on the inside :0).

JP Card Crazy said...

Love the card such soft colors. It is perfect for a sympathy card.

Ida said...

Great job with the Mojo Monday sketch and a lovely Sympathy card. I was just looking at that set in the Mini and thinking it would be nice to have it.

Tami Black said...

I adore this sketch and think there are so many great cards that have been made. This is beautiful! I don't have it yet, but this set is on my list -- CAS!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Wish I found your blog 2 days ago, have just had to do 2 sympathy cards. This one is so beautiful

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful sympathy card. These colors work so well.

Chrissy D said...

Mary Jo - what a great sketch, beautiful card too! TFS!

rhondastirrat said...

Wonderful card. I also loved the last Tutorial you had. I will be posting on my blog tomorrow.
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/rhondastirrat/blog

Lisa Bohler said...

Wonderfully done on the Mojo Sketch! I love the colors and it will bring some comfort to the recipiant.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a beautiful sympathy card Mary Jo! You did such a lovely job combining these colors with this sketch too! :D

Stampin in the suburbs said...

These colors work so well for a sympathy card. Love the new SU stamp set with them.

Unknown said...

Love it! Can't wait to win!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Thanks for this sympathy card idea. I've used a lot lately it seems like. thanks also for a chance at winning one of your tutorials! I'd love the new love notes one!

JKB said...

Really lovely soft colored card! Always enjoy my visits.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- pretty flower. Great sketch card.

Basement Stamper said...

I do not like making sympathy card but these color combo makes a beautiful sympathy card. Great card!

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous! Very serene looking! {sMILES}

Anonymous said...

fantastic card--great set too. still on my wish list!
Always finding your projects to inspire me.
Hugs & faith, Nola