Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More with the Big Shot--Halloween Treats!

The challenge this week on the Latenightstampers group is to create something with the Big Shot--anything works, cards, 3-d, embossed items, you name it as long as it uses the big shot.  My first two samples were for the sketch challenge this week.  I used the embossing folders and the top note die.  If you missed that you can find them here.  I thought I would make a cute little candy treat holder for Halloween.  I do not do much for Halloween, but I do generally send something stamped for my son's class.  I also need items for classes and clubs.  I thought this turned out pretty cute, tried to keep it kind of simple as they would be made in multiples. 


I used the baskets and blooms die for the basket --with a little altering.  The bat is made with the owl punch.  Hubby says his eyes are too big but I thought he was cute.  What do you think???

Stamps: All Holidays, Autumn Harvest
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, In Color DP pack
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, watercolor pencils, gel pen, word window punch, owl punch circle punches.

Hope you are having a great week!  Thanks for all the well wishes for my hubby.  Seems he has shingles.  Quite painful I am told.  Hopefully he will be feeling better soon!

Thanks for stopping by,
Mary Jo

2 nice people left a comment:

Rose said...

Stinkin' cute, love that bat and basket!

Deb said...

I think his eyes are perfect! Aren't all kids eyes that big when they get candy? LOL!! Cute project!