Friday, August 20, 2010

Blogger's Challenge--First Day of School!

I am so happy with this card.  It is just perfect for my son's first day of school, which is not until Sept. 7th so I am ahead of the game.  I am still working with the Big on Christmas set.  If you didn't see the last two card check out the previous post. 

This week we were obviously challenge to created something for the first day of school.  I had many ideas but not much time.  I am really glad I decided to do a card since I love how it came out.  I hope you enjoy it too!  Be sure to check out the rest of the Blogger's challenge players by clicking the logo on the top right of my blog. 


Stamps: Big on Christmas, First Day
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Basic Black, white
Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point, Cherry Cobbler
Other: markers, circle punches and circle scissors plus, gel pen, markers, spiral border punch

Happy Friday!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Mary Jo

19 nice people left a comment:

BarbaraW said...

Adorable card. Love the bookworm for A in happy. Great combination of images and colors.

Heidi Hihn said...

Adorable card. It is hard to believe that the kids will be going back to school so soon!

Ida said...

Adorable and Fun! Great card MaryJo and I bet your son loves it. How fun that you used the Big On Christmas set in a different way.

Lisa Somerville said...

Too clever MJ! Great use of the Christmas set for a BTS card!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Indeed it is excellent. You now have an "A+" on your report card. Hugs, Gayle.

Clara said...

Oh my goodness, what's not to love about it?? It's too cute, love the chalkboard look as the backgound. I just love this little stamp set too!

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute! Love the pop of blue with the cherry cobbler! {sMILES}

Tami Black said...

Maryjo, I LOVE ALL YOUR CARDS! He will love this too -- it's totally darling. I have this punch and it has never been used, but I love what you've done with it. Truly looks like a chalkboard too -- NICELY DONE!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a truly delightful card Mary Jo! I love everything about it! That bookworm is just too cute! Your design is terrific! Wonderfully done! :D

Unknown said...

Genialous!! Got this set and never used it yet. Thanks for the great idears. They are all terrific cards! PS: Enjoying your playlist almost every day!

Kimberly S. said...

LOVE this!!! That little bookworm is SO adorable!!! GREAT layout for this card!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This card is darling. And how perfect is it that you have a person to give it to in a few weeks! hope that first day goes well for everyone!

Lisa Bohler said...

You are not the only one who loves your card this week! I do, too!!! I love how you used the WW ink to stamp on the black like a chalkboard! Adorable card!!!

Claudia Perry said...

Very cute! Love how you've used that little book worm :-)

Rose said...

MJ your card is screamin' cute!!! I bet Woody loved it. Love all the details, cute cute cute.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh, just too darn cute GF!

Basement Stamper said...

The little bookworm is adorable! Great card!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

I love this card!! the little dog is soooo cute!

Jeannie said...

Love how you combined the worm with the Big on Christmas stamp set! Adorable idea!