Sunday, January 4, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #51

Wow, we are only one week away from a full year of sketches! Boy how time flies when your having fun and I sure am having fun with this. Thank you so much to all of you who play along. And those of you who just check out the samples and leave comments you are also SO appreciated! Thanks so much.

So here is this week's sketch...


And of course my card. I am really happy with this one. Love the colors.


I should have taken a close up picture of the buttons. They are layered on Pacific Point circles and have tiny So Saffron circles in the center with a rhinestone on top. You can only see the rhinestone in this picture, maybe if it is enlarged?? I also used my cuttlebug to emboss a kind of frame around the focal image. I really do love these colors and the reminder of warm weather. I am not sure why I live in Orchard Park when I truly HATE snow! Too funny.

Stamps: Summer by the Sea, In the Stars
Paper: Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Whisper White and So Saffron dp
Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point
Other: Copics, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, designer buttons, rhinestones and ribbon


I would love to have you play along. All you have to do is create a card or project using the sketch and then come on back here and add your DIRECT link to Mr. Linky below. So easy. At the end of the week I post the whole list of last week's players. Be sure to see the post before this one for last week's players. So great cards posted.



Mary Jo

21 nice people left a comment:

Kerry D-C said...

Ooooooh! aaaaaah!!!! Beautiful card MJ!!! Can you believe a whole year?! WOWZERS!

Sue from Oregon said...

I love this card...every time I see these images, I swear I am going to use mine...that set is a little intimidating, but you did it up good girl!

Barbara said...

I haven't been able to "play" in so long....but, I'm in this week! So happy to be back. A bit rusty, but thrilled to be stamping again!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful MJ!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card MJ! Love the image you chose as well as the saying. And the buttons...to die for! Love what you did with them!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great sketch Mary Jo!! I flipped the squared panel for my card!! Love your card!!

Rina said...

Aloha Mary Jo,

Beautiful card. I love the layout of this one and the color combo is fabulous. I was able to zoom in on the buttons and got a clear shot of the rhinestones. Very nice touch. I love the embellishing of cards. Great job!

BTW...I would love to live in snow (I think???). We have sunny days and blue skys almost all year long. Even our rainy days are still warm. No complaints but...it would be a dream (or more less, a miracle) come true to have snow in Hawaii =)

Candy said...

You have made a beautiful card. The colours are gorgeous as well. I really love it.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Your card is so pretty Mary Jo! I just love this sketch! I'm so glad that I finally had a chance to play! :D

Krafting Karen said...

Wonderful card MJ!!! I love those colors together. I added my link. Finally I got to get one of your challenges in before the end of the week!

Kristen said...

MJ,
Another amazing card. Your image is done wonderfully. Great card!

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo---Yours is such a nice card--I LOVE that set--so glad to see they are not retiring it!

I was able to whip mine up during All My Children----it's posted now and I linked myself to it with the others.

Hope you'll continue to give us great challenges after you reach 52!

Nola

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful card and sketch this week. I had a hard time with my sentiment and ending up casing how you added yours...it worked great!

Janna said...

MJ,

I loved this sketch!! It was so much fun, but your card is absolutely stunning!!! I love the colors and the beautiful coloring! Excellent job!

Smiles,
Janna

Unknown said...

LOVED this sketch (so much i did TWO cards) and of course love yor sample! thanks so much for the sketches MJ!!!!!

PaperSunshine said...

Yet another awesome sketch! I hope to do these each week, I have gotten behind! Thanks for keeping up with it for us!

PaperSunshine said...

OH and I must comment on your card too! That card is GORGEOUS! Love the colors and that is one of my favorite stamps, you did an awesome job :)
Lori

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the sketch challenges MJ - so much fun! I got one done this week but had to change the layout just a bit to accommodate my stamps and CB folder LOL It's up on my blog today :o)

Nancy ~ inkblocks

Maria Matter said...

This is such a pretty card!
I made one using your sketch but Mr Linky won't take my URL so I must have missed the deadline...when is the deadline???
Blessings, Maria

StampOwl said...

great sketch I had fun playing

Stampin_melissa said...

Great sketch MJ! It just took me a couple extra days to put my card together. Oh well, it is finished now. :)