Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Clearly I love a Challenge

Allison over at Stampin When I Can started doing challenges and I have wanted to join in but somehow keep forgetting to do them and then next thing you know it is the next one already! So I though I would make a point to do one after she is already on number 19. Wouldn't you know when I went over to see what it was it was to use something clear on your project......I almost waited till next week, lol. But in the spirit of a challenge this is what I came up with...........





There is a lot going on on this card. It started with the paisly background being stamped in brown stazon on a piece of acetate. Since the whole image did not turn out perfect I cut to the part that looked good and this is the size I was left with. Nest I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock the same size and sponged Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink on it in a random pattern. To attach the acetate to the card stock I added a row of six brads in the same three colors on the right hand side. The rest of the card just emerged from there. I already had the medallion sitting on my workspace from the last card so I tried to use that with the same three colors. Since the colors are soft it is hard to see them in the picture. I stamped it it twice so I could raise up a part and then added a large chocolate brad to the center. The papers and stickers are from the old retired SAB kit from last year and the rub ons are from this years SAB. And of course I finished it off with three MORE brads of the same colors in the rub on flowers! Ten brads on one card!

Stamps: BoHo Backgrounds and Paisley Background

Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink and Timber Brown Stazon

Paper: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stocks and the retired stripes from last years SAB kit

Other: Lots of brads, rub ons from this year's SAB, stickers from last years SAB kit, 1" circle punch, nestabilities die, .


Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a wonderful day!


4 nice people left a comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...love this. Great idea on just using part of the acetate image...and paisley! I haven't pulled out this BG forever! A great color combo esp. with all the accents you added!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Oh my, MJ, this is so lovely! Although there is a lot going on it is going on quite well together! I don't think I could ever get that may different elements looking good together!

Talk about challenges, I'm working on a card for your challenge, er, right after I finish reading my Google! ;D

Dawn said...

This looks great - love all the details!

Connie Fossenier said...

Mary Jo your card is fabulous as all of them are. I admire the challenges you post. Hope to join some of them soon.
Connie Paxman