Saturday, February 2, 2008

Kiss Me!

This is my first ever St. Paddy's day card-- I'm Italian and German. But that don't mean I don't like the holiday!





It has been a while since I have had time to participate in Beates Weekend Sketch Challenge, and even though I really didn't have the time this week either I could not resist the wonderful sketch. I just adore it. I have a bunch of ideas in my head for this sketch so you will definitely be seeing it again! Here is the sketch...


My card is a big one (9x 4 and 1/4). And my husband wants to know if he could get a reward for turning me into Stampin Up! for using non-Stampin Up! stamps. He said he has the number ready if he does, lol! Isn't he just soooo sweet -- NOT! I am actually surprised that he had a clue. Surprisingly he noticed that the stamps do not stamp quite as clear and even as Stampin Up!'s do. Pretty observant. He was right about that though, each image was stamped three or four times before I had one that I was happy with -- but they are cute stamps. The are all from Studio G. The papers are of course all Stampin Up! The base of the card is Always Artichoke, then Certainly Celery. The side bar is the retired Wintergreen. The focal images are stamped on Whisper White and then I used the little cuttlebug embossing dies to add the texture/faux stitching around the images. They are colored in with glaze pens and watercolor crayons. The images are then mounted onto Certainly Celery and then Sage Shadow that has been punched out with a large scallop square punch. Other items used: Ribbon, paper piercer and mat pack.

7 nice people left a comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card- My Dad is 100% Irish! I have been thinking about what I could do for this challenge all day- I love your idea!!! Love the different colors and embellishments as well. Thanks for sharing!

Kerry D-C said...

love love love this card!! These images are so cute! and you know how picky I am about my Irish/St. Paddy's day images. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

What a great card! LOL
Your husband IS pretty observant. I don't know if mine would have notice non SU stamps.
I am glad you had time to play with the sketch. Hugs and smiles

rozie640 said...

Adorable card, you did a fabulous job with the sketch!!! Now to get busy on your sketch challenge for tomorrow!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Great job on the sketch! Love this card. TFS

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is one fo the best cards I have seen in a while. I love it. Where did you get the stamps? And which cuttlebug die is that? I will have to look for it.

StampingJoan said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!! I am 1/2 Irish but never seem to make them! You have inspired me!

Love it!
Joan

http://stamping-cooking-knitting.blogspot.com/